I want to follow the behavior of the bitcoincore daemon (or one of its forks).
I found the really good PHP script node-interface maintained by
- it connects with RPC to the daemon
- lots of functions to process the data
- clean and simple HTML page
My goal is to be able to make my different processes to communicate with each others. But the script does not have enough flexibility to share its data.
So I created a fork:
- some options to customize the HTML page
- the main script provides data in JSON format (no more in HTML)
- the data can be displayed in JSON, text or HTML
- some cleanings (no more data and processing in the same script)
- some new data: peers’ versions and subversions (sorted)
The HTML and text pages are generated with the PHP library mustache from data collected on the JSON main page.
Here are some links:
- JSON: https://angband.t18s.fr/btc_bitcoincore_status/json.php
- formated JSON: https://angband.t18s.fr/btc_bitcoincore_status/json.php?v=1
- HTML: https://angband.t18s.fr/btc_bitcoincore_status
- text: https://angband.t18s.fr/btc_bitcoincore_status?t=txt
- add data about the peers’ countries
- add some data retention about the peers
The only dependency is the PHP library mustache.
So you can use almost everything: I chose PHP-FPM.
I maintain an Ansible role to manage the complete deployment.